Sunday, May 03, 2009

May 3, 2009. Since my last post in March opining about the weather, spring finally arrived after a mixed beginning. Since then I have visited the Special Management Area of the Patuxent River twice.

For the first, it was a warm, sunny Friday afternoon and I couldn't let the day go by without wetting my line. I was fortunate to have the river to myself and managed three Rainbows. I even got one in a hole that for years eluded me--even though I suspected there were fish in the hole.

My last trip was this past Wednesday. I played a little hookie from work in the afternoon and fished the Patuxent, again, but this time in an area I had never fished. After a few hours, and nearly getting swallowed by a huge mud hole, I managed two Rainbows and a Smallmouth. Next trip--Colorado!

No comments: