Monday, January 19, 2009

January 2009. So here I sit in my home office, looking out at the snowflakes falling and thinking, "I wonder how my little subsurface friends are doing." I am reminded of something a friend said, "Sean, do the fish eat when it's snowing?" Do they even know?

In all its beauty, snow reminds me of the constant change of our world, the constant change of life. Snow has the power to change the surface upon which it lands. If it is an old, rusty can, in no time it will be covered appear as a white lump sticking up from the ground. If it is a tree, in a matter of time, the white of the snow will transform the lifeless tree into an artistic wonder. Even homes that take on the reputation as an eyesore get a reprieve after a dusting of snow. It's as if the hand of God is sweeping down on the earth and applying a fresh coat of paint, and in the process neutralizing his creation. Ah, snow!

No comments: