Saturday, December 09, 2006

December 9, 2006. Let me tell you about someone who has become a special fishing buddy of mine--my brother Chuck! Chuck is one of those people that when he sets upon doing something, he picks it up with relative ease, fly fishing included. I introduced Chuck to fly fishing last year (2005) on a guided trip he and I, along with two other friends, took on the Arkansas River near Salida, Colorado. Since I had been fly fishing for a few years, I figured I had a few years advantage on him. Wrong! Chuck picked it up with relative ease (and special attention from an old fly fishing guide (that story at another time)). Within a few hours, Chuck's skill--and determination--matched mine and we were fishing at the same skill level. I was pleased. That way Chuck and I could fish on the same par and neither would hold the other back. As a result, we had a successful trip and many others here in the East, along with a follow-up trip this past September where he and I hit the jackpot on the Colorado River near Hot Sulphur Springs, CO.

The next time I post, I'll discuss fishing with my other brother, David, and my Dad. It's nice as adults to enjoy time together with family and friends, and fly fishing is one of those sports that has as an added bonus, the pleasure of bringing family together. More on that later.

No comments: