Wednesday, December 27, 2006

December 27, 2006. It's been a while since my last post and not much has really happened since then. I mentioned that I have had the opportunity to share my passion of fly fishing with my brother, David, and my father. On one such trip we were able to fish the South Platte River, between Elevenmile and Spinney Mountain Reservoirs. We did this with a larger group of friends and family with the assistance of Monroe Coleman, a guide affiliated with The Blue Quill Angler, a fly fishing shop in Evergreen, Colorado.

Neither my brother nor my father had done any fly fishing before this trip. Regardless, the guides really assisted and both my father and brother had an enjoyable time. So much so, that now my father is a regular partner on our fly fishing adventures. On that trip my father caught a small, but beautiful rainbow, but my brother got skunked. The important thing is that they enjoyed themselves immensely. My brother particularly enjoyed the incredible scenery.

All-in-all, we had an enjoyable day sharing our enjoyment of fishing and being in the outdoors away from the stresses of everyday life.

No comments: